WE LOST YOU

 

My heart broke when we lost you

In the hospital room Jesus was holding your hand

Angel’s surrounded you at God’s command

Doctors and nurses doing what they can

To try to save you, I understand.

Prayers were heard, petitions were made

But God had other plans for you instead

At your side we were not allowed

From the hospital we were ordered out 

This battle you’d lose we already knew

Death was at your door

Because Father God was calling you home

You fought long and hard for many years

All your pains and struggles

Was more than you could handle.

Jesus was with you from the very start

Jesus was with you till the very end

Jesus is with you even now

And I know you’re now at rest in his arms

Still my heart aches because we lost you.

I carry our memories and reminisce 

About the good old days

Things we did, things we said

Laughing and telling jokes

Telling stories about our folks

Eating out or cooking together is something I’ll treasure,

Shopping with you as I walked beside your scooter

Your illnesses didn’t stop you from enjoying life

Your were tough even when your body was weak

Your spirit was full of love with a giving kind heart

I remember how you always stood by my side

A sister’s love genuine and true

Oh my sis, how I love and miss you.

                                                                            Rosalinda Loy

Dedicated to my sister Annalisa Rodriguez age 47




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm following, You're leading

MY DIVINE FATHER

How can you still love me so?