ARE YOU THERE?

Are you there?

Losing faith in myself
Things I believe in, thoughts so deceiving.
What am I really worth?
Jesus, are you there? Am I yours?
Wondering and questioning
These tricks my mind plays,
Thoughts my mind says
Depression tries to set in.
Are you there?
You feel so distant
I feel like a hypocrite Christian
Please save me this instant
I feel so alone and weak
I don’t know what to say or speak
It’s your face I long to see
But darkness surrounds me
Are you there? Help me please!
Tricks the enemy plays
Awful things I hear him say
Waiting for nighttime so I can just go to sleep
But nighttime comes and I wish for daybreak
To stop the enemy in my bed
From torturing my confused head
Are you there?
Questioning things, I’ve read in your good book
Fighting the enemy who is a thief and a crook
He takes and steels when were not on guard
But he can’t have my heart
That is yours
Jesus you are my strength
You get me through theses battles
That rage war in my mind
Send me a sign of any kind
To prove I have eyes to see, ears to hear
Tell me loud and clearer
Then I hear your sweet whisper
|"You are mine, I am here
Right next to you, always and forever!
Have no fear! "

Rosalinda Loy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm following, You're leading

MY DIVINE FATHER

How can you still love me so?