Don't be like the World



Don't be like the World

Like the world I don't want to be,
a life the devil wants me to live
and tries to tempt me into sin.
 
Like the world I sometimes act,
sarcastic or with malicious attacks
when people start talking smack.
 
Ways of this world is how I grew up,
filled with lies, fights and lust,
and in my heart you'd find deception and selfish love,
until the day came when I had enough.
Jesus was always there and in me he never gave up.
 
I turn to Jesus everyday,
praying teach me your loving ways,
but I find it's a constant struggle
because my mouth or actions get me into trouble.
 
I desire not to be like the world,
so now the Holy Spirit lives in this girl
and everyday I'm trying to learn
how not to be like this awful world.
Rosalinda Loy
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm following, You're leading

MY DIVINE FATHER

How can you still love me so?